Transnational project meeting in Pobra do Caramiñal, Spain.
Tamsalu Gymnasium participates in a new 2-year Erasmus+ project: Our Intangible Heritage, a Value for the Future.
The coordinator of the project is IES DE POBRA DO CARAMIÑAL. The partners are from Portugal, Greece, Estonia and Tunkey.
Through 5 main activities and 4 learning, teaching and training activities the project will address some crucial aspects of learning, development of students and their training as adults and as future citizens in a changing society:
– development of the autonomy and “learning to learn” competence of students, necessary for lifelong learning, and their communicative skills;
– to promote intergenerational communication and improve affective education, values and attitudes;
– to enhance social integration;
– to combat sedentary lifestyle;
– to establish links between the participating students.
The first transnational meeting took place in Pobra do Caramiñal from 11 to 17 November, during which the schools introduced themselves and their cities, and planned the LTTAs for the next two years of the project. The partner school shared their experience in project-based learning.
In addition to the busy days planning the LTTAs, the participants went sightseeing too and saw Finisterrae, the old town and the cathedral of Santiago de Compostela, which is the World Heritage City by UNESCO from 1985, MUPEGA museum and Boiro.
In the afternoon, the participants had a good time with students, families, cultural associations and traditional dance and music groups. Now the focus is on
- grandparents’ storytelling and recording their tales about the past;
- traditional games;
- mythological places to be ready for the LTTA in Greece in April.